Application for an environmental permit: part A about you
Complete if you are applying for a new permit, or to change or transfer an existing permit.
Hazardous waste: consignee returns spreadsheet
Consignee return spreadsheet for hazardous waste, including our privacy notice.
Local authority environmental permits (England and Wales)
Permit to carry out Part A(2) or Part B activities or run a Part A(2) or Part B installation or mobile plant.
Get an opinion from the definition of waste service
Get the Environment Agency’s opinion on if a material is a by-product or meets 'end of waste' status. The service costs £125 an hour including VAT.
Waste returns: online spreadsheet
Use the waste returns Generic Operator Returns (GOR) spreadsheet to upload or enter your data online.
Guidance and regulation
- Access the public register for environmental information
- Discharges to surface water and groundwater: environmental permits
- Waste: environmental permits
- Check if you need an environmental permit
- Register or renew waste exemptions (England)
News and communications
Research and statistics
- Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (IETF) Phase 1: first stage process evaluation
- Waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) in the UK
- State of the environment
- Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme net zero audits: state of the market and the potential to drive action
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) in Nuclear Decommissioning – Current Use and Future Opportunities
Policy papers and consultations
- Capacity Market: new technologies 2021
- Re-coupling Great Britain electricity auctions for cross-border trade
- Offshore Transmission Network Review: proposals for an enduring regime and multi-purpose interconnectors
- Communiqués from the COP26 DA Ministerial Group
- Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (IETF) Phase 2 policy statement
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- UKAEA prompt payment return data: 2021 to 2022
- Environment Agency's use of civil sanctions
- Whistleblowing about environmental malpractice: annual reports
- The Programme and Project Partners Supply Chain Strategy
- Annual Review 2020/21 – We are Sellafield Ltd