Application for an environmental permit: part A about you
Complete if you are applying for a new permit, or to change or transfer an existing permit.
Apply for a grant from the natural environment investment readiness fund
Grants to prepare innovative nature projects in England that can attract private financial investment. Find out what the fund is for and how to apply.
Hazardous waste: consignee returns spreadsheet
Consignee return spreadsheet for hazardous waste, including our privacy notice.
Local authority environmental permits (England and Wales)
Permit to carry out Part A(2) or Part B activities or run a Part A(2) or Part B installation or mobile plant.
Get an opinion from the definition of waste service
Get the Environment Agency’s opinion on if a material is a by-product or meets 'end of waste' status. The service costs £125 an hour including VAT.
Guidance and regulation
- Access the public register for environmental information
- Register or renew waste exemptions (England)
- Waste: environmental permits
- Discharges to surface water and groundwater: environmental permits
- Check if you need an environmental permit
News and communications
Research and statistics
- Environment Agency 2020 data on regulated businesses in England
- Regulating for people, the environment and growth, 2020
- Radioactivity in food and the environment (RIFE) reports
- Business demography, quarterly experimental statistics, UK: July to September 2021
- Agriculture and rural land management: challenges for the water environment
Policy papers and consultations
- Charge proposals for repatriated duties: UK Emissions trading scheme
- Environmental permitting: standard rules consultation No 23
- Mandatory climate-related financial disclosures by publicly quoted companies, large private companies and LLPs
- NDA Response to Public Accounts Committee Recommendations, October 2021
- Energy-related products policy framework
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- Geological disposal: scrutiny of RWM's work - annual reports
- Sector contact list: climate change agreements (CCA)
- UKAEA prompt payment return data: 2021 to 2022
- Environment Agency's use of civil sanctions
- Whistleblowing about environmental malpractice: annual reports