Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency
Driving examiner strike: March 2023
Some driving tests might be affected by strike action at times during March 2023.
Some vehicles tests, including MOTs for heavy goods vehicles (HGVs), buses and trailers, might be affected by strike action during March 2023.
Drivers' hours: rules and guidance
Rules for lorry, bus and coach drivers on how many hours you can drive, exemptions from the rules, and when the rules can be relaxed temporarily.
You must complete your annual training and assessment by 31 March 2023 if you’re an MOT tester - check the training topics and book your assessment.
Ready to Pass?
Get ready to pass your driving test, find out why people fail, practise ‘show me, tell me’ questions and learn how to deal with nerves.
Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (DCPC) changes
Proposals for reforms to how drivers renew and evidence their DCPC and how exceptional circumstances could be dealt with.
Latest from the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency
What we do
We carry out driving tests, approve people to be driving instructors and MOT testers, carry out tests to make sure lorries and buses are safe to drive, carry out roadside checks on drivers and vehicles, and monitor vehicle recalls.
DVSA is an executive agency, sponsored by the Department for Transport.
News and communications
- Vehicle tester and traffic examiner strike: March 2023
- Boost for bus, coach and HGV driver recruitment with proposed reforms to training rules
Research and statisticsSee all research and statistics
Policy papers and consultations
- Ending or extending temporary exemptions to road haulage cabotage
- Changes to HGV and bus driving tests and allowing car drivers to tow a trailer without an extra test
Transparency and freedom of information releasesSee all transparency and freedom of information releases
Make an FOI request
- Read about the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act and how to make a request.
- Check our previous releases to see if we’ve already answered your question.
- Make a new request by contacting us using the details below.
Freedom of Information requests
1 Unity Square
Jobs and contracts
Read about the types of information we routinely publish in our Publication scheme. Find out about our commitment to publishing in Welsh. Our Personal information charter explains how we treat your personal information. Read our policy on Social media use. Find out About our services.