Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency
Ready to Pass?
Get ready to pass your driving test, find out why people fail, practise ‘show me, tell me’ questions and learn how to deal with nerves.
Drivers' hours: rules and guidance
Rules for lorry, bus and coach drivers on how many hours you can drive, exemptions from the rules, and when the rules can be relaxed temporarily.
How to keep heavy goods vehicles (HGVs) and public service vehicles (PSVs) safe to drive, including daily checks, inspections, maintenance and record keeping.
Rules for all types of road users have been updated in The Highway Code to improve the safety of people walking, cycling and riding horses.
Get MOT reminders
Sign up for free text message or email reminders when your MOT for a car, motorcycle, van, lorry, bus or coach is due.
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) has launched its vision to 2030, setting out what needs to be done to keep Britain moving safely and sustainably.
Latest from the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency
What we do
We carry out driving tests, approve people to be driving instructors and MOT testers, carry out tests to make sure lorries and buses are safe to drive, carry out roadside checks on drivers and vehicles, and monitor vehicle recalls.
DVSA is an executive agency, sponsored by the Department for Transport.
News and communications
- DVSA sets out vision to keep Britain moving safely and sustainably
- Boost for bus, coach and HGV driver recruitment with proposed reforms to training rules
Policy papers and consultationsSee all policy papers and consultations
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- DVSA earned recognition: accredited vehicle operators
- Future commercial contracts for DfT and partners
Make an FOI request
- Read about the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act and how to make a request.
- Check our previous releases to see if we’ve already answered your question.
- Make a new request by contacting us using the details below.
Freedom of Information requests
1 Unity Square
Jobs and contracts
Read about the types of information we routinely publish in our Publication scheme. Find out about our commitment to publishing in Welsh. Our Personal information charter explains how we treat your personal information. Read our policy on Social media use. Find out About our services.