Types of jobs we have
We employ around 4,600 people in various roles, including:
- driving examiners, who make sure new drivers have the skills to be safe on the road
- vehicle standards assessors, who test that lorries, buses, coaches and trailers are safe and legal to drive
- traffic examiners, who stop and check that drivers of large vehicles meet safety rules
- vehicle examiners, who stop vehicles at the roadside and check they’re safe to drive
digital, data and technology professionals, who provide modern and efficient technology and build brilliant digital services
- corporate services experts, who make sure our services run smoothly, including communications, finance, HR, and policy and strategy
Read more about what we do.
Search for jobs
We advertise our jobs on the Civil Service jobs website.
Search and apply
What it’s like working for us
We work together in friendly, open, supportive and inclusive teams, and we all have a real passion for keeping our roads safe.
Find out what it’s like working at DVSA.
We have some great benefits, including flexible working, generous annual leave, a Civil Service pension and lots more to help with your home life, work life and wellbeing.
Salary and benefits
As well as your salary, you’ll be eligible for:
- special performance bonuses, recognition vouchers and long service awards
- tax-free childcare, a cycle to work scheme, and an interest-free loan to pay for a travel season ticket
- special offers through our employee benefit scheme
Civil Service pension
You’ll be able to join the Civil Service pension scheme, with an employer contribution of at least 20%.
Time off work
- 25 days of paid holiday, increasing one day a year to 30 days
- 9 days paid public and privilege holiday
- the option of paid or unpaid special leave if you have to deal with emergencies outside of work
Health and wellbeing
You’ll be eligible for:
- a free flu jab each year, a free eyesight test, and a free assessment with a trained physiotherapist
- our employee assistance programme, which offers counselling and support service for mental health and wellbeing
- help and support from the Charity for Civil Servants
Developing your career
We value your professional expertise and will help bring out the best in you by giving you:
- an ongoing personal development plan to help you learn new skills and improve your knowledge
- 5 days of learning and development each year, including job shadowing, on-the-job learning, and formal training courses
- an opportunity to take part in a range of talent schemes to increase your skills, knowledge and confidence