Guidance and regulation

38,329 results sorted by Most viewed
  1. UK bank holidays

    Find out when bank holidays are in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland - including past and future bank holidays

  2. Immigration Rules Appendix K: shortage occupation list

    Shortage Occupation List.

  3. Track or view your DBS certificate

    You can use our online services to check the progress of basic, standard or enhanced checks or view your certificate.

  4. Accessing services that used the Government Gateway website

    How to access department, agency and public body services that used the Government Gateway website.

  5. Borders, immigration and citizenship: privacy information notice

    How your personal information is used within the borders, immigration and citizenship system.

  6. Visit visa: guide to supporting documents

    Guidance about the documents you need for a standard visitor visa application.

  7. Hong Kong (SAR of China) travel advice

    Latest travel advice for Hong Kong including safety and security, entry requirements, travel warnings and health

  8. Success Profiles

    Success Profiles are the new recruitment framework used within the Civil Service.

  9. EU Settlement Scheme: evidence of UK residence

    How to provide evidence that you’ve been living here if we can’t confirm this through an automated check of UK tax and some benefits records.

  10. Universal Credit advances

    If you don’t have enough to live on while you wait for your first payment you may be able to get an advance of your first Universal Credit payment.

  11. Check employment status for tax

    Use this service to find out if you, or a worker on a specific engagement, should be classed as employed or self-employed for tax purposes.

  12. EU Settlement Scheme: application processing times

    Current expected processing times for applications to the EU Settlement Scheme.

  13. Sign up your client for Making Tax Digital for VAT

    Find out how to sign up your client and what to do after you've signed up.

  14. MOT inspection manual: cars and passenger vehicles

    Inspection processes and rules for car, private bus and light commercial vehicle (class 3, 4, 5 and 7 vehicle) MOT tests.

  15. Rates and thresholds for employers: 2019 to 2020

    Use these rates and thresholds when you operate your payroll or provide expenses and benefits to your employees.

  16. HMRC exchange rates for 2019: monthly

    Find foreign exchange rates issued by HMRC in CSV and XML format.

  17. Medals: campaigns, descriptions and eligibility

    Details of the medals awarded to serving members of the armed forces, veterans and MOD employees; and who can receive them.

  18. HM Land Registry: Registration Services fees

    Fees for common applications, for example Scale 1 and Scale 2 transactions, charges of registered land, leases, large scale and fixed fee applications.

  19. Register of licensed sponsors: workers

    List of organisations licensed to sponsor workers under Tiers 2 and 5.

  20. 'Show me, tell me' questions: car driving test

    The 'show me, tell me' vehicle safety questions that driving examiners can ask in car driving tests.