Check the past results of a vehicle’s MOT tests, including:
- if it passed or failed
- the mileage recorded when it was tested
You can also:
- check when the next MOT is due
- download a copy of the current and previous MOT certificates
If you got your test in England, Scotland or Wales
You’ll also be able to see:
- where each test was done - you’ll need the 11-digit number from the vehicle’s log book (V5C)
- what parts failed at each test, and if any parts had minor problems
For cars, motorcycles and vans you can only get results for tests done since 2005.
For HGVs, trailers, buses and coaches you can only get results for tests done since 2018.
If you got your test in Northern Ireland
You can only get results for tests done since 2017.
Check a vehicle’s MOT history
You’ll need the vehicle’s number plate (registration number).