Find out if a vehicle has up-to-date vehicle tax or has been registered as off the road (SORN). It can take up to 5 working days for the records to update.

Use ‘askMID’ to check if your vehicle is insured.

This page is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).

Start now

More Information

You’ll need the:

  • the make of the vehicle
  • number plate (registration number) of the vehicle