Tax your car, motorcycle or other vehicle using your reminder letter (V11).
If you don’t have a reminder letter, you can use:
- a V5C registration certificate (log book) that’s in your name - get a replacement if you don’t have one
- your new keeper supplement (V5C/2) if you’ve just bought the vehicle
- your ‘last chance’ warning letter
Other ways to apply
Telephone: 0300 123 4321
Find out more about call charges
At the Post Office
Go to your local Post Office that deals with vehicle tax. You’ll need payment for your vehicle tax and one of the following:
- your vehicle tax reminder letter (V11)
- a V5C registration certificate (log book) in your name
- a new keeper supplement (V5C/2), if you’ve just bought the vehicle
You may also need:
- your MOT test certificate (must be valid when the tax starts)
- a valid reduced pollution certificate
In Northern Ireland you’ll also need an insurance certificate or cover note.
Make a SORN
If you don’t keep or use your vehicle on a public road, you can make a SORN (Statutory Off Road Notification) instead of taxing it.