Report an untaxed vehicle

You can report an untaxed vehicle that you’ve seen on a public road anonymously to DVLA. Your report will be investigated.

Tax discs no longer exist - you’ll need to check if a vehicle is taxed online.

Follow these steps to report a vehicle as untaxed:

  1. Check if a vehicle is taxed before you report it - this is a free service. Only report a vehicle that’s either untaxed or registered as SORN and parked on a public road.

  2. You need to include the vehicle registration number, make, model and colour of the vehicle and the street name, town and postcode where the vehicle is parked. You won’t be able to report the vehicle without these details.

  3. You can report the vehicle online if it’s untaxed and you have all the details needed to report it.

There are a number of actions that DVLA can take on untaxed vehicles. Not all vehicles are wheelclamped.

Other ways to report an untaxed vehicle

Write to DVLA if you can’t report online.

Enforcement Section, W070/D12
Longview Road

Include the:

  • vehicle registration number
  • make, model and colour
  • detailed location
  • time the vehicle can be seen on the road if known