Report a vehicle with no MOT

Call the police’s non-emergency number to report a car, van, motorcycle or other vehicle that does not have an MOT.

You can only report a vehicle with no MOT if it is being used on a road. This includes parked vehicles.

You need the vehicle’s:

  • number plate (registration number)
  • make and model
  • colour
  • location

Police non-emergency number
Telephone: 101
24-hour service
Find out about call charges

The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) and the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) cannot take action against a vehicle with no MOT.

Report the vehicle to the local council if it’s been abandoned.

What happens next

The police will investigate your report and the driver may get a fine. The maximum fine is £1,000.