What we do

We pay out over £2 billion each year to support a thriving farming and food sector.

RPA is an executive agency, sponsored by the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs.

Read more about what we do

We produce detailed guidance in these categories

  1. Farming and the environment

    How to protect the countryside, support biodiversity on and around your farmland and minimise pollution from nutrients, fertilisers and farm waste. Read more

  2. Grants and payments for farmers

    Single Payments and the Statutory Management Requirements (SMRs); the Rural Payments Agency (RPA); Stewardship schemes. Read more

Our management

Contact RPA

Rural Payments Agency

PO Box 69


(Official correspondence only)

Find out about call charges at www.gov.uk/call-charges

Single Payment Scheme, Customer Registration and Bovine Schemes

Cattle tracing

RPA fraud line

RPA fraud referral team
Room 300 North Gate House
PO Box 69


If you suspect that a fraud has been committed, contact us on our freephone fraud line.

Every call will be treated in the strictest confidence.

RPA Press Office

RPA Press office
North Gate House,
Valpy Street,


Make an FOI request

  1. Read about the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act and how to make a request
  2. Check our previous releases to see if we’ve already answered your question
  3. Make a new request by contacting us at:

Rural Payments Agency

ATI Helpdesk
Access to Information Unit
Rural Payments Agency
PO Box 69


FOI requests can be made in writing only, either by post or by email. An EIR request can be made in writing or by phone.

High profile groups within RPA

Corporate information

Jobs and contracts

Read about the types of information we routinely publish in our Publication scheme. Find out about our commitment to publishing in the Welsh language scheme. Our Personal information charter explains how we treat your personal information.