Procurement at RPA
How we use external suppliers for goods and services.
We publish our contracts on:
- Contracts finder
- the Government Procurement Service (GPS)
- Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) - for contracts valued above a certain financial threshold
- our RPA e-tendering site
- our Defra e-tendering site you can browse tendering opportunities and manage your tender activity (registration is required) specifically for RPA and Defra.
- Tenders Electronic Daily (TED)
We have sustainable procurement policies and guidelines. These include:
- Defra’s sustainable procurement policy statement
- Defra’s ethical procurement policy statement
- Defra’s greening government commitments
Suppliers should consider social, economic and environmental aspects of sustainability with reference to the standards when contacting us about procurement.
Supporting small businesses
RPA encourages procurement opportunities from small and medium enterprises (SMEs). We also encourage large organisations that have won contracts with us to advertise related business opportunities to SMEs and voluntary and community services organisations, as a means of helping to increase the range and diversity of their supply chains. An online course, Winning the Contract, is available to help suppliers identify opportunities to supply the public sector with hints and tips on the bidding process.
We pay for some lower value goods, services and works with the Government Procurement Card and encourage our suppliers to accept this form of payment. We aim to pay all valid invoices within 5 days of receipt, to meet Cabinet Office prompt payment initiative. We apply this policy to all suppliers of goods, services and works.