Defra’s ethical procurement policy statement
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
This statement sets out Defra’s policy on ethical procurement.
Ref: PB13475 PDF, 149KB, 12 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
It is based largely on the following principles with advice on how to put them into practice:
- Working conditions are safe;
- Good health is promoted;
- Employment is freely chosen;
- Working hours are not excessive;
- Wages meet at least national legal standards;
- Training is provided;
- No discrimination is practised;
- Diversity and good workforce practices are encouraged;
- Child labour is eliminated;
- No inhumane treatment is allowed.