Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science
Fisheries and Aquaculture
Cefas to partner on government’s support to protect the world’s oceans with boost for marine recovery
Cefas scientists will be supporting new programmes to work with international and UK partners to tackle marine pollution and support adoption of sustainable seafood practices.
Latest from the Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science
What we do
A world leader in marine science and technology, the Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science (Cefas) collects, manages and interprets data on the aquatic environment, biodiversity and fisheries.
Cefas is an executive agency, sponsored by the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs.
- Form RW1 : Application to register a fishery or cropping water
- Form CRAY2: Application for a licence to keep non-native crayfish
News and communications
- A hitchhiker’s guide to floating marine debris
- UK to continue global leadership on marine protection
Policy papers and consultations
- Defra group equality, diversity and inclusion strategy 2020 to 2024
- Defra group equality, diversity and inclusion strategy 2017 to 2020
Transparency and freedom of information releasesSee all transparency and freedom of information releases
Make an FOI request
- Read about the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act and how to make a request.
- Check our previous releases to see if we’ve already answered your question.
Jobs and contracts
Our Personal information charter explains how we treat your personal information.