Form RW1 : Application to register a fishery or cropping water

Use the RW1 form to register your fishery, stock ponds, cropping water or aquaponics unit


Form RW1: Fishery registration

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


Use this form to apply to the Fish Health Inspectorate to register your fishery, cropping waters or aquaponics unit.

Once registered, you can then apply to the Environment Agency to remove or introduce fish.

You do not need to register rivers and canals.

Published 13 August 2014
Last updated 6 April 2017 + show all updates
  1. Minor changes. Included note on turnaround times for applications.

  2. Updated the RW1 form to the new government branding. Removed the RW2 form, as it is now combined into the RW1 form.

  3. First published.