Access the public register for environmental information
Access the Environment Agency's public register of data.
Use the links below to access the public register for:
- Electronic Public Register homepage
- environmental permits for waste operations
- environmental permits for industrial installations
- environmental permits for water discharge consents
- environmental permits for radioactive substances
- waste carriers, brokers and dealers
- waste exemptions
- water quality exemptions
- scrap metal dealers
- enforcement actions
Waste carrier, dealer and broker licences
From 1 April 2016 for all waste carriers, dealers and brokers registration, please use the Waste Carriers register
Waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE)
The Environment Agency hold the registers for WEEE:
- EEE producers
- WEEE approved producer compliance schemes
- WEEE approved authorised treatment facilities and approved exporters
End of life vehicle authorised treatment facilities
Packaging and batteries
We have public register information on the National Packaging Waste Database.
Large raised reservoirs
We also have public register information for the register of large raised reservoirs.
Viewing public registers in Environment Agency offices
The Environment Agency holds public register information in its local offices, either electronically or hardcopy. You can contact them using the Customer Contact Centre general enquiries details if you can’t access the information you need online.
They will confirm if the information you want is available and where you can visit to access it. They can also advise if any information can be sent to you and if there will be a charge.
National Customer Contact Centre
PO Box 544
Telephone 03708 506 506
Telephone from outside the UK (Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm GMT) +44 (0) 114 282 5312
Minicom (for the hard of hearing) 03702 422 549
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm
Published: 8 April 2014
Updated: 1 December 2016
- Removed Hazardous waste producers section and updated links to point to new Public Registers service
- Waste exemptions public registers have been merged. Access public register through link provided.
- Added section 'Waste exemptions' about changes to the public register.
- Links to different public registers added in beginning list New Hazardous waste producers section Updated Viewing public registers in Environment Agency offices section
- Advice on how to obtain more detailed information about a waste carrier, dealer or broker. An improved register will be available shortly.
- Natural Resources Wales now provide their own public register for businesses based in Wales.
- Additional information added to redirect users to Natural Resources Wales Public Register for Hazardous Waste Producers, Enforcement Actions & Scrap Metal Dealers in Wales
- Changed information for how to access information for Waste Carriers and Brokers, including updating links to new upper and lower tier registrations
- Addition of information and link to Natural Resources Wales Public Register for Waste and Water Exemptions registrations in Wales, made after 20 October 2014
- Made links to the waste carrier registers clearer.
- Added information about visiting an Environment Agency office to view public registers.
- First published.