Environmental management – guidance

Access the public register for environmental information

Access the Environment Agency's public register of data.

The main public register includes:

  • environmental permits (industrial installations)
  • environmental permits (waste operations)
  • environmental permits (radioactive substances)
  • environmental permits (water discharge)
  • waste carriers and dealers (registrations before 27 March 2015)
  • waste brokers and dealers (registrations before 27 March 2015)
  • hazardous waste producers
  • waste exemptions
  • water discharge exemptions
  • enforcement actions
  • scrap metal dealers

Waste carrier, dealer and broker licences

To find out if a waste carrier, dealer or broker is registered you must search the:

Waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE)

The Environment Agency hold the registers for WEEE:

End of life vehicle authorised treatment facilities

See the register for end of live vehicle authorised treatment facilities.

Packaging and batteries

We have public register information on the National Packaging Waste Database.

Large raised reservoirs

We also have public register information for the register of large raised reservoirs.

Natural Resources Wales public register

See the Natural Resources Wales public register for all licences in Wales except for environmental permits (water discharge) and waste and water exemption registrations before 20 October 2014.

Viewing public registers in Environment Agency offices

The Environment Agency holds public register information in its local offices, electronically and on paper. You can contact them if you can’t access the information you need online.

They will confirm if the information you want is available and where your nearest Environment Agency office is. They can also advise if any information can be sent to you and if there will be a charge.

General enquiries

National Customer Contact Centre
PO Box 544
S60 1BY

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm