Access the Environment Agency's public register of data.
Use the links below to access the public register for:
- Electronic Public Register homepage
- environmental permits for waste operations
- environmental permits for end of life vehicle authorised treatment facilities
- environmental permits for industrial installations
- environmental permits for discharge consents to water and groundwater
- environmental permits for radioactive substances
- waste carriers, brokers and dealers
- waste exemptions
- water quality exemptions
- scrap metal dealers
- enforcement actions
Waste carrier, dealer and broker licences
From 1 April 2016 for all waste carriers, dealers and brokers registration, please use the Waste Carriers register
Waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE)
The Environment Agency hold the registers for WEEE:
- EEE producers
- WEEE approved producer compliance schemes
- WEEE approved authorised treatment facilities and approved exporters
Packaging and batteries
We have public register information on the National Packaging Waste Database.
Large raised reservoirs
We also have public register information for the register of large raised reservoirs.
Viewing public registers in Environment Agency offices
The Environment Agency holds public register information in its local offices, either electronically or hardcopy. You can contact them using the Customer Contact Centre general enquiries details if you can’t access the information you need online.
They will confirm if the information you want is available and where you can visit to access it. They can also advise if any information can be sent to you.
National Customer Contact Centre
PO Box 544
Telephone 03708 506 506
Telephone from outside the UK (Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm GMT) +44 (0) 114 282 5312
Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Due to the current health emergency we have reduced the times our phone lines are open. This is under review and we hope to be able to extend them soon. If possible please contact us by email at email@example.com.
The impact of COVID-19 on our teams means you may experience some delays in responses as most of our staff will be working from home. We are currently unable to deal with post sent to our offices in the usual way.