Septic tanks and treatment plants: permits and general binding rules
How to apply for an environmental permit or qualify for an exemption for a home septic tank or treatment plant - permits, exceptions, application forms and fees
Application for an environmental permit: part A about you
Complete if you are applying for a new permit, applying to change or transfer an existing permit.
Check if you need permission to do work on a river, flood defence or sea defence
Check if you need to get permission from the Environment Agency to do work on or next to a river, watercourse, flood defence or sea defence
Application for a flood risk activities environmental permit (charges and declarations): part F3
Part F3 application form and guidance notes for a flood risk activities environmental permit.
Local authority environmental permits (England and Wales)
Permit to carry out Part A(2) or Part B activities or run a Part A(2) or Part B installation or mobile plant.
Guidance and regulation
- Access the public register for environmental information
- Register your waste exemptions: environmental permits (England)
- Flood risk activities: environmental permits
- Statutory nuisances: how councils deal with complaints
- Discharges to surface water and groundwater: environmental permits
News and communications
Policy papers and consultations
- Assessing and scoring permit compliance
- Revisions to public participation statement: environmental permitting
- Environmental permitting: standard rules consultation no 18
- Flood risk activity permitting: standard rules consultation
- Assessing and scoring environmental permit compliance