Call for veterans and civilian staff from across the Commonwealth to claim commemorative Nuclear Test Medals
In recognition of their significant contribution to the UK’s nuclear deterrent testing programme, potentially thousands of veterans and civilian staff, and next of kin, across the UK and Commonwealth can now apply for a commemorative medal.
The Civilian Gallantry List recognises the bravery of people who’ve put themselves in danger to save, or attempt to save, someone’s life.
A new government hub in Peterborough has been officially opened by Cabinet Office Minister Alex Burghart today.
Updated figures have been released as part of the two year anniversary of the Shared Services Strategy, which sets out how departments will find efficiencies by working more closely together.
£1 billion in potential annual savings to be realised through stepped up efficiency drive
The Evaluation Taskforce has awarded more funding for projects to improve evaluation.
New Women Veterans' Strategy to look at experiences of former female service personnel
The Office for Veterans Affair has announced its intention to publish a Women Veterans’ Strategy.
Latest from the Cabinet Office
What we do
We support the Prime Minister and ensure the effective running of government. We are also the corporate headquarters for government, in partnership with HM Treasury, and we take the lead in certain critical policy areas.
Cabinet Office is a ministerial department, supported by 26 agencies and public bodies.
Guidance and regulationSee all guidance and regulation
News and communications
- Portraits of His Majesty The King for UK public authorities
- Non-Executive Chair to the Civil Service Pension Board (CSPB)
Policy papers and consultationsSee all policy papers and consultations
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- Register of Information sharing agreements under chapters 1, 2, 3 and 4 of part 5 of the Digital Economy Act 2017
- List of .gov.uk domain names
Contact the Cabinet Office
Press office contact details can be found on: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/cabinet-office/about/media-enquiries.
020 7276 1234
Our Personal Information Charter explains how we handle your information when you contact us. It also explains how to make a data protection request for your personal information: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/cabinet-office/about/personal-information-charter
Make an FOI request
- Read about the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act and how to make a request.
- Check our previous releases to see if we’ve already answered your question.
- Make a new request by contacting us using the details below.
Freedom of information requests
1 Horse Guards Road
For information about how we handle your personal information when you make a freedom of information request, please see our Personal Information Charter: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/cabinet-office/about/personal-information-charter
High profile groups within the Cabinet Office
- Cabinet Office Board
- Central Digital and Data Office
- Civil Service HR
- Conflict, Stability and Security Fund
- Disability Unit
- Government Commercial Function
- Government Digital Service
- Government Property Function
- Government Skills and Curriculum Unit
- Leadership College for Government
- Modernisation and Reform
- National security and intelligence
- Office for Veterans' Affairs
- Office of the Parliamentary Counsel
- Open Public Services
- Public Sector Fraud Authority
- Race Disparity Unit
- United Kingdom Security Vetting
Jobs and contracts
Read about the types of information we routinely publish in our Publication scheme. Find out about our commitment to publishing in Welsh. Our Personal information charter explains how we treat your personal information. Read our policy on Social media use.