Veterinary Medicines Directorate
UK-Switzerland Regulatory Cooperation: Guidance on Veterinary Medicines Simultaneous Reviews published.
Importing, batch testing and batch release of veterinary medicines in GB
Proposals set out to update the Veterinary Medicines Regulations for batch testing and batch releasing of imported veterinary medicines, as they apply in GB.
Veterinary Products Committee members
The Veterinary Products Committee (VPC) is looking to appoint new members.
Questions and answers from the focus sessions on the consultation on the proposed changes to the Veterinary Medicines Regulations.
How to complete and submit the turnover declaration form as the holder of a UK marketing authorisation.
European Commission announces three-year extension to the grace period for veterinary medicines
Details of a of an extension to the grace period for veterinary medicines until 31/12/2025.
Latest from Veterinary Medicines Directorate
What we do
The Veterinary Medicines Directorate (VMD) protects animal health, public health and the environment.
VMD is an executive agency, sponsored by the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs.
- Check if an animal medicine is licensed
- Report a suspected problem with an animal medicine or microchip
News and communications
- New enforcement intelligence database and changes to online reporting
- Post-Implementation Review (PIR) of the Animals & Animal Products Regulation of 2015
Policy papers and consultations
- Importing, batch testing and batch release of veterinary medicines in GB
- Review of the Veterinary Medicines Regulations 2013
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- Veterinary Medicines Directorate annual report and accounts 2021 to 2022
- Veterinary Medicines Directorate Regulators’ Code
Office contact and enquiries
Please do not use the postmaster email address to report an adverse event to a veterinary medicine; use the link at the top of the page 'Report an Adverse Event'
Make an FOI request
- Read about the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act and how to make a request.
- Check our previous releases to see if we’ve already answered your question.
Jobs and contracts
Read about the types of information we routinely publish in our Publication scheme. Our Personal information charter explains how we treat your personal information. Read our policy on Social media use.