Apply for product authorisations

Guidance and application forms for a Marketing Authorisation, Parallel Import, Animal Test Certificate, Veterinary Homeopathic Remedy, Autogenous Vaccine Authorisation or Export certificate.

Guidance on applying for a Marketing Authorisation (MA), Parallel Import (MAPI), Animal Test Certificate (ATC), Veterinary Homeopathic Remedy (VHR), Autogenous Vaccine Authorisation (AVA), or Export Certificate.


Apply for

  1. Apply for a Marketing Authorisation for a veterinary medicine or expiry
  2. Marketing Authorisations for Parallel Import of veterinary medicines
  3. Apply for a new Animal Test Certificate (including Type-S) or to renew or change an existing certificate
  4. Apply to change a veterinary marketing authorisation or homeopathic remedy
  5. Marketing Authorisation Holders, Named Distributors, and Local Representatives of veterinary medicines
  6. Veterinary Medicines: Apply for and maintain a Joint-Label for use in the UK and Ireland
  7. Apply to submit conditional or commitment data for assessment
  8. Apply for specific batch control of a pharmaceutical veterinary medicine
  9. Apply for batch release of an immunological veterinary medicine
  10. Export drugs and medicines: special rules
  11. Apply for an Autogenous Vaccine, Non-Food Animal Blood Bank, Equine Stem Cell Centre Authorisation


Application forms

Application forms are available on the European Commission website except the following:

For reference to Exceptional MAs (Limited and Provisional) see ‘Apply for a Marketing Authorisation for a veterinary medicine’.

Announcements / MAVIS articles

Marketing Authorisations Veterinary Information Service (MAVIS). Current and previous editions of the newsletter.

  1. Veterinary medicines: Changes to distributor and local representatives details
  2. New version of the product literature standard
  3. Veterinary medicines containing zinc oxide: European referral outcome
  4. Changes to publishing licensing information in MAVIS
  5. QRD text for Nationally Authorised Veterinary Medicinal Products
  6. Changes to the way you submit mock-up veterinary medicine product literature
  7. Changes to the way mock-ups are dealt with: Guidance for Marketing Authorisation Holders
  8. Copycat Marketing Authorisation: Change to variation validation procedure
  9. Marketing authorisation certification: clarification of date of issue
  10. Renewal Reminders: Marketing Authorisations and Veterinary Homeopathic Remedies
Published 19 December 2014
Last updated 15 October 2019 + show all updates
  1. Addition of applications forms; new marketing authorisation, variation and renewal of a marketing authorisation.

  2. Guidance for Parallel Import of veterinary medicines added

  3. Restructured collection of guidance content with additional articles added

  4. Guidance added 'Apply to change Marketing Authorisation Holder, Distributor or Local Representative details added to Veterinary Medicines Application Forms'

  5. First published.