Annual fees for marketing authorisation holders for veterinary medicines
How to complete and submit the turnover declaration form as the holder of a UK marketing authorisation.
Ref: #318281 PDF, 727KB, 3 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The holders of UK marketing authorisations (MA) are required under the veterinary medicines regulations to pay annual fees to cover ongoing service costs.
There are two elements to the charge:
- Graded annual fee charged at 0.67% of your declared turnover
- Fixed annual fee; a fixed amount for each active marketing authorisation held
You can submit your turnover declaration form from 1 January, confirming your UK sales information for the previous calendar year. We will also write to you to confirm the final due date for your return.
To do this you need to:
- Download the turnover declaration form above
- Complete the form using the guidance information on the form
- Get this authorised by the Company Finance Director
- Return this to the VMD by the 30 June
You can return your declaration form by email or post to:
Revenue Team Finance
The VMD relies on industry self-declaration for the turnover figures used to calculate the annual fees due. In order to gain assurance over the completeness and accuracy of declared turnover, audit certificates will be required from a selection of MA holders.
We will write to you if you are selected to confirm your audit certificate option, choosing one of the following:
- Agreed-upon procedures to be performed by the VMD appointed auditors, at no charge to your company
- Disclosure in audited financial statement
- Agreed-upon procedures to be performed by the MA’s own auditors
Further guidance on the agreed procedures will be issued to those companies selected.
Invoice and payment
An invoice will be sent at the end of the financial year and must be paid within 30 days.
If you require further information please contact the VMD at email@example.com.