What we share and how we moderate comments on the Veterinary Medicines Directorate's Twitter and Facebook accounts.
Our Twitter and Facebook accounts are managed by the VMD’s Corporate Communications and Enforcement Teams. We post news about our work, our events and issues relating to veterinary medicines.
We may also retweet notable announcements by other government departments and agencies, or other organisations which are relevant to the work of VMD.
We update and monitor our accounts from 9am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday (not including public holidays).
Twitter may occasionally be unavailable and we accept no responsibility for lack of service due to downtime or problems with the internet. We reserve the right to delete our accounts at any time.
Following our accounts
If you choose to follow our account, we will not automatically follow you. We may follow organisations and individuals which we regard relevant to VMD, but this isn’t an endorsement of any kind. We reserve the right to unfollow or remove accounts we believe are malicious or spam.
Monitoring our social media
While we welcome comments and tweets, we reserve the right to delete posts that contain:
- an attempt to impersonate another person or falsify your identity
- content which could incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality
- commercial endorsement or promotion of products or services
- abusive, obscene or offensive language
- personal details, such as private addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details
- content which may be breaking the law
- party political material
- content which could cause a security or privacy risk
We will report any posts or tweets considered slanderous or threatening towards named staff to the police, Twitter and Facebook as appropriate.
Responding to our social media
We welcome your feedback, but we will not normally reply to postings.
Our social media channels are not for complaints, detailed queries, Freedom of Information requests or enquiries about our online services. See our complaints page or personal information charter for more details.
General enquiries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the VMD switchboard 01932 336911.
For press enquiries contact, Matthew Isted; email@example.com or phone 01932 338347.