Personal information charter
How the Veterinary Medicines Directorate treats your personal information and how to check what details are held on file.
We handle your personal information to provide better services for you. This is how we look after that information.
When we ask you for personal information, we promise to:
- make sure you know why we need it
- only ask for what we need
- protect it and hold it securely
- let you know if we plan to share it with other organisations to give you better public services, and if you can say no to this
- not keep it any longer than necessary
In return, we ask you to:
- give us accurate information
- tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes, such as a new address
This helps us to keep your information reliable and up to date.
Make a subject access request
You can find out if we hold any of your personal information by making a subject access request under the Data Protection Act. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it
- tell you why we are holding it
- tell you who can access it
- let you have a copy of it
To make a subject access request, email email@example.com or write to us:
Veterinary Medicines Directorate