This charter sets out what you can expect from us when we ask for, or hold, your personal information.
It also covers what we ask from you to help us keep your information up to date.
We need to handle personal information about you so that we can provide services for you. This is how we look after that information.
When we ask you for personal information, we promise to:
- make sure you know why we need it
- only ask for what we need, and not to collect too much or irrelevant information
- protect it and make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn’t
- only share it with other organisations when the law allows
- make sure we don’t keep it longer than necessary
- not make your personal information available for commercial use without your permission
In return, we ask you to:
- give us accurate information
- tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes, such as a new address
This will help us to keep your information reliable and up to date.
You can get more details on:
- how to find out what information we hold about you and how to ask us to correct any mistakes
- agreements we have with other organisations for sharing information
- circumstances where we can pass on your personal information without telling you, for example to prevent and detect crime or to produce anonymised statistics
- our instructions to staff on how to collect, use and delete your personal information
- how we check the information we hold is accurate and up to date
- how to make a complaint
How we process your personal data
We are changing the way we process your personal data relating to financial transactions when we interact with you. Our services provider Shared Services Connected Limited (SSCL) may process some of this data offshore. For more information see Personal data processing: fair processing notice.
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data-sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.