Personal information charter
Our standards for requesting or storing personal information.
What our standards are for requesting or storing your personal information
When we ask you for personal information, we will:
- make sure you know why we need it
- only ask for what we need, and not to collect too much or irrelevant information
- protect it and make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn’t
- let you know if we share it with other organisations to give you better public services - and whether you can say no
- make sure we don’t keep it longer than necessary
We won’t make your personal information available for commercial use without your permission.
In return, we ask you to:
- give us accurate information
- tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes, such as a new address
This helps us to keep your information reliable and up to date.
You can get more details on:
- how to find out what information we hold about you and how to ask us to correct any mistakes
- agreements we have with other organisations for sharing information
- circumstances where we can pass on your personal information without telling you, for example, to prevent and detect crime or to produce anonymised statistics
- our instructions to staff on how to collect, use and delete your personal information
- how we check the information we hold is accurate and up to date
- how to make a complaint
How we process your personal data
Our Personal data processing: fair processing notice outlines the way we process your personal data relating to financial transactions. It explains that our services provider Shared Services Connected Limited (SSCL) may process some of this data offshore.
Contact email@example.com for more information.