Office for Product Safety and Standards
Safety & Standards
- Consumer product safety: advice for staying safe
- Business regulation: guidance and tools
- Product safety for businesses: A to Z of industry guidance
- National regulation: enforcement services
- National regulation: construction products
- Local regulation: Primary Authority
- Regulators: professional guidance and tools
- Product safety research
Product Recalls and Alerts
Information on OPSS product safety alerts, reports and recalls for unsafe products and resources for consumers, businesses and regulators.
Shop smart and stay safe
The public are being urged to be wary when buying products from online platforms and to check on GOV.UK whether they have been recalled.
Angle grinder saw attachment could cause serious injury or even death.
Latest from the Office for Product Safety and Standards
- Product Safety Report: Senteria Gold-Coloured Metal Loop Earrings sold via Amazon (2209-0263)
- Product Recall: 18" Pink/Purple Rag Doll sold via eBay (2303-0076)
- Product Recall: Ultralink Large LK100 and LK101 Arborist Activities Shackle (2303-0096)
Subscribe to feed
What we do
Our purpose is to make regulation work, so that it protects people and enables businesses to understand their obligations.
Office for Product Safety and Standards is part of the Department for Business and Trade.
Guidance and regulationSee all guidance and regulation
News and communicationsSee all news and communications
Policy papers and consultationsSee all policy papers and consultations
Transparency and freedom of information releasesSee all transparency and freedom of information releases
Contact the Office for Product Safety and Standards
4th Floor Cannon House
18 The Priory Queensway
0121 345 1201
0121 345 1201
Make an FOI request
- Read about the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act and how to make a request.
- Check our previous releases to see if we’ve already answered your question.
- Make a new request by contacting us using the details below.
Freedom of Information requests
Department for Business and Trade
1 Victoria Street
Jobs and contracts