Northern Ireland Office
Secretary of State honours civic society’s contribution to Northern Ireland’s transformation
Secretary of State for Northern Ireland honoured the crucial work by civic society to support the peace process in Northern Ireland over the past 25 years,
The UK Government has committed £5m to support the recommendations of a memorialisation strategy that will be commissioned through the Northern Ireland Troubles (Legacy and Reconciliation) Bill currently progressing through Parliament.
More people in NI will have the opportunity to get involved in sport thanks to the UK Gov investing £600,000 in multisport grassroots facilities through the IFA
Secretary of State for Northern Ireland Chris Heaton-Harris has launched important new educational resources for pupils in Northern Ireland and across the UK as part of the programme to mark the 25th anniversary of the Belfast (Good Friday) Agreement.
Latest from the Northern Ireland Office
What we do
We ensure the smooth working of the devolution settlement in Northern Ireland.
NIO is a ministerial department, supported by 3 agencies and public bodies.
- Explosives manufacturing licence (Northern Ireland)
- Explosives in harbours licence (Northern Ireland)
News and communications
- New requirements for Relationship and Sexuality Education curriculum in Northern Ireland
- APPOINTMENT OF A NEW CHIEF ELECTORAL OFFICER FOR NORTHERN IRELAND
Policy papers and consultations
- EM on EU legislation on equality bodies (COM(2022)689)
- EM on EU legislation on equality bodies (COM(2022)688)
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- Section 75 Equality Screening Form: Relationship and Sexuality Education
- NIO: Workforce Management Information - April 2023
Office address (Belfast)
20-32 Chichester Street
Office address (London)
Ministerial correspondence should be sent via this inbox.
Press Office (media enquiries)
Press officer - out of hours
This email account is only for media queries, and is monitored by the Duty Press Officer outside normal working hours.
Make an FOI request
- Read about the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act and how to make a request.
- Check our previous releases to see if we’ve already answered your question.
- Make a new request by contacting us using the details below.
Freedom of information requests
Jobs and contracts
Read about the types of information we routinely publish in our Publication scheme. Our Personal information charter explains how we treat your personal information.