HM Revenue & Customs
HMRC issues scam warning to tax credits customers
HMRC has issued a warning to tax credits customers, who are renewing their tax credits claims, to be alert to scammers trying to steal their information.
Help to Save extended to April 2025
Help to Save is open to people receiving benefits including Working Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit and Universal Credit and offers a generous savings bonus.
Thousands of taxpayers are claiming tax refunds for work-related expenses and HMRC is reminding them that they can claim directly through GOV.UK.
Tax avoidance - don't get caught out
Don’t fall for tax avoidance - learn what it is and how to spot it.
This Charter explains what you can expect from us and what we expect from you.
Find out a bit more about what it’s like working for HMRC.
Latest from HM Revenue & Customs
What we do
We are the UK’s tax, payments and customs authority, and we have a vital purpose: we collect the money that pays for the UK’s public services and help families and individuals with targeted financial support.
We do this by being impartial and increasingly effective and efficient in our administration. We help the honest majority to get their tax right and make it hard for the dishonest minority to cheat the system.
HMRC is a non-ministerial department, supported by 2 agencies and public bodies.
Guidance and regulationSee all guidance and regulation
News and communications
- HMRC to trial seasonal Self Assessment helpline
- HMRC issues £3.2 million in money laundering penalties
Research and statisticsSee all research and statistics
Policy papers and consultations
- Revenue and Customs Brief 6 (2023): VAT liability of digital publications — Supreme Court decision in News Corp and Ireland Ltd
- Economic Crime Levy
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- Suspension and cancellation of anti-money laundering supervision
- Businesses not complying with money laundering regulations
Find HMRC contact details and helpline opening hours.
Check when you can expect a reply from HMRC
Find out when you can expect to receive a reply from HMRC to a query or request you've made.
Make an FOI request
- Read about the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act and how to make a request.
- Check our previous releases to see if we’ve already answered your question.
- Make a new request by contacting us using the details below.
Freedom of Information requests
Central Mail Unit
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Jobs and contracts
Read about the types of information we routinely publish in our Publication scheme. Find out about our commitment to publishing in Welsh. Our Personal information charter explains how we treat your personal information. Read our policy on Social media use.