HM Revenue & Customs
Crack your Easter childcare costs with tax-free top ups
Tax-Free Childcare could save families money on their childcare costs during the Easter school holidays.
Spring Budget 2023 tax related documents
All HMRC tax related documents and other announcements for Spring Budget 2023.
Thousands of taxpayers have been given more time to fill gaps in their National Insurance record and help increase the amount they receive in State Pension.
This Charter explains what you can expect from us and what we expect from you.
Tax avoidance - don't get caught out
Don’t fall for tax avoidance - learn what it is and how to spot it.
Find out a bit more about what it’s like working for HMRC.
Latest from HM Revenue & Customs
- HMRC exchange rates for 2023: monthly
- Search the register of customs agents and fast parcel operators
- CTM03955 - Small profits rate: financial year 2023 onwards: accounting period straddling financial year - differing relevant amounts or limits
Subscribe to feed
What we do
We are the UK’s tax, payments and customs authority, and we have a vital purpose: we collect the money that pays for the UK’s public services and help families and individuals with targeted financial support.
We do this by being impartial and increasingly effective and efficient in our administration. We help the honest majority to get their tax right and make it hard for the dishonest minority to cheat the system.
HMRC is a non-ministerial department, supported by 2 agencies and public bodies.
Guidance and regulationSee all guidance and regulation
News and communications
- HMRC late payment interest rates to be revised after Bank of England increases base rate
- Crack your Easter childcare costs with tax-free top ups
Policy papers and consultations
- Consultation on changes to HMRC statistics publications
- VAT: exemption to cover services supervised by pharmacists
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- Businesses not complying with money laundering regulations
- People involved in transactions connected with VAT fraud
Find HMRC contact details and helpline opening hours.
Check when you can expect a reply from HMRC
Find out when you can expect to receive a reply from HMRC to a query or request you've made.
Make an FOI request
- Read about the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act and how to make a request.
- Check our previous releases to see if we’ve already answered your question.
- Make a new request by contacting us using the details below.
Freedom of Information requests
Central Mail Unit
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Jobs and contracts
Read about the types of information we routinely publish in our Publication scheme. Find out about our commitment to publishing in Welsh. Our Personal information charter explains how we treat your personal information. Read our policy on Social media use.