JP Marks was appointed Director General, Work and Health Services at the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) in April 2019.
Before this, JP was Director General for Universal Credit Operations on temporary promotion from March 2018.
Previous roles in the Civil Service include:
DWP Universal Credit Operations Director and Area Director for South of England
- Strategic Design and Planning Director in the Universal Credit Programme
- Principal Private Secretary to the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions
- Head of Corporate Relations and International Policy at the UK Pensions Regulator
- Speechwriter to the Chief Secretary to the Treasury
Current roles outside the Civil Service include:
- Trustee, St Giles Trust and Trustee,Treloar Trust
- Trustee, DWP Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) Fund