JP Marks was appointed Director General for Universal Credit Operations at the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) on temporary promotion in March 2018.
Before this, JP was the DWP Universal Credit Operations Director and Area Director for South of England.
Previous roles in the Civil Service include:
- Principal Private Secretary to the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions
- Head of Press Office, Corporate Relations and International Policy at the UK Pensions Regulator
- speechwriter to the Chief Secretary to the Treasury
- policy analyst at HM Treasury
Director General, Universal Credit Operations
The Director General, Universal Credit Operations is responsible for:
- the day to day to running of Universal Credit operations across Great Britain via jobcentres and service centres
- the provision of all working age face-to-face services through jobcentres, including the relationship with employers and other external partners