Housing and communities


  • Find a property and get its title plan, title register and see who owns it

  • Check your council's website to find out when your rubbish will be collected

  • Housing Benefit or Local Housing Allowance (LHA) - rates, eligibility, claim form, calculator, appeals, 'Discretionary Housing Payment'.

  • Apply for council housing through your local council - you'll usually have to join a waiting list

  • Get a new energy certificate for your property: energy performance certificate (EPC), display energy certificate (DEC) or air conditioning inspection certificate. Find an assessor to get a certificate.

Guidance and regulation

News and communications

Research and statistics

Policy papers and consultations

Transparency and freedom of information releases