HM Land Registry
HM Land Registry: processing times
Information on how quickly we will process your application.
Applications to change the register are now digital by default for business customers.
HM Land Registry blogs
Read our latest blogs where we talk about land and property, our work and the people that do it.
HM Land Registry training hub
Quick and easy access to guidance and training materials on various topics to help you prepare and submit high-quality applications and use HM Land Registry services.
Use land and property data
Access datasets about all registered land and property in England and Wales.
Latest from HM Land Registry
What we do
We register the ownership of land and property in England and Wales.
HM Land Registry is a non-ministerial department.
Guidance and regulationSee all guidance and regulation
News and communicationsSee all news and communications
Policy papers and consultations
- Consultation on draft Local Land Charges Rules 2017
- Proposals to amend the Land Registration Rules 2003
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- HM Land Registry expenditure over £25,000: 2023
- HM Land Registry government procurement card: expenditure over £500 for 2023
Contact HM Land Registry
Contact HM Land Registry online, by phone or by post.
For queries about chargeable property information services.
Report property fraud
0300 006 7030
Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm.
Local Land Charges
For queries about our local land charges service.
For queries about Land Charges registers or Agricultural Credits.
Forward the suspicious email along with any attachments to the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC).
Make an FOI request
- Read about the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act and how to make a request.
- Check our previous releases to see if we’ve already answered your question.
- Make a new request by contacting us using the details below.
Freedom of Information requests
1 Bedford Park
Jobs and contracts
Read about the types of information we routinely publish in our Publication scheme. Find out about our commitment to publishing in Welsh. Our Personal information charter explains how we treat your personal information. Read our policy on Social media use. Find out About our services.