Working for Land Registry
Current jobs and what Land Registry can offer you.
We register the ownership of land and property in England and Wales.
We currently employ around 4,500 people, from technical caseworkers to IT specialists, commercially focused experts, policy advisers, specialists working across a range of support functions and many others. Land Registry recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and treats all employees with dignity and respect.
Our vision is ‘your land and property rights: guaranteed and protected’:
- we give assurance – we guarantee our services and provide confidence to the property market
- we have integrity – we value honesty, trust and doing the right thing in the right way
- we drive innovation – we are forward thinking, embrace change and are continually improving our processes
- we are professional – we value and grow our knowledge and professional expertise
Land Registry provides the vital function of giving assurance and confidence to the property market, with the Register underpinning property ownership worth over £4 trillion across England and Wales including over £1 trillion of mortgages. Land Registry has over 150 years’ experience of maintaining the Register and has evolved to become increasingly efficient, with 99% of our information and 73% of our registration services being submitted online. We are on a transformational journey to create a fully digitised Register building a contemporary digital platform for land and property to support the Register and provide a modern, efficient service for customers.
Our recruitment is based on the Civil Service recruitment principles, which means that selection for positions is based on merit and on the basis of fair and open competition. Candidates are assessed against:
- essential criteria specific to each role
- our competency framework
- our values and leadership behaviours (where relevant)
What Land Registry can offer you
We are committed to treating our people well, and as part of the Civil Service we offer a range of benefits.
Pay and benefits
- a competitive salary
- a civil service pension. Further details can be found on the Civil Service pensions website
- a childcare subsidy of up to 25% towards the cost of childcare on contracted days of employment
- 2 days per year paid leave for volunteering in the community
- employee recognition scheme
- long service awards
- access to an employee support service that offers advice, guidance, information, counselling and support on a wide range of issues
- access to discounted healthcare packages
- Microsoft Home Use Programme for Microsoft Office Products (potential saving of over £300)
- 28.5 days annual leave and 8 days public holidays (pro rata for part time staff)
- flexible working hours which provide the opportunity to build up flexi credit. This credit can then be used to take up to 24 days per year of flexi leave
- a range of family-friendly policies, such as part-time working, job sharing, parental leave and career breaks, to help combine work and domestic responsibilities, subject to business needs
- maternity and adoption leave of up to 26 weeks full pay, followed by 13 weeks statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid
- paternity leave allowance of 2 weeks plus 4 days paid leave
- paid time off for public service duties, for example if you are an armed forces reservist
- rewarding and challenging jobs to help staff develop and reach their potential
- career progression, training and development opportunities
- access to Civil Service Learning, which offers over 70 classroom-based courses and many more online packages
Every office has a social and sports club. We hold annual events such as a national sports day and a charity challenge. We have teams in sports such as netball, football, cricket and hockey which compete in national Civil Service competitions.
For those employees who cycle to work, we offer an interest free bike loan for the purchase of a bicycle and necessary safety equipment.
We also offer staff interest free loans for the purchase of a quarterly or longer season ticket. Repayments are made via salary over the length of the ticket period.