Statistical data set
Price Paid Data
Download the Price Paid Data (PPD) in text or csv format and access our linked data.
Our Price Paid Data includes information on all property sales in England and Wales that are sold for full market value and are lodged with us for registration.
Current month (January 2017 data)
These include the transactions received at Land Registry in the period from the first to the last day of the corresponding month. The file contains both Standard Price Paid Data (SPPD) and Additional Price Paid Data (APPD) transactions.
The data is updated monthly and the average size of this file is 15MB:
These include standard and additional price paid data transactions received at Land Registry from 1 January 1995 to the most current monthly data. The data is updated monthly and the average size of this file is 3.5 GB.
- download the complete transaction data as a text file
- download the complete transaction data as a CSV file
Yearly file: 2017
These include standard and additional price paid data transactions received at Land Registry in the period from 1 January to 31 December for each year. The data is updated monthly and the sizes of these files range from 115 MB to 230 MB. If you are having trouble downloading any of the year files in full, they are also available as two smaller, evenly split CSV files.
- download the complete yearly data as a text file
- download the complete yearly data as a CSV file (complete)
- download part 1 of the yearly data as a CSV file (part 1)
- download part 2 of the yearly data as a CSV file (part 2)
View previous year’s data
You can also access the Price Paid Data (PPD) as machine-readable linked data.
The Paid Data report builder allows you to build bespoke reports using our detailed PPD. Reports can be based on location, estate type, price paid or property type over a defined period of time.
When using or publishing our Price Paid Data
You will need to add the following attribution statement if you use or publish our price paid data:
Data produced by Land Registry © Crown copyright 2017.
When you publish the data, be sure to include information about the nature of the data and any relevant dates for the period of time covered.
If you have found an error with the data please contact Land Registry using our change a sales record form.
Price Paid information is not personal but property related information. All commercial transactions, sales that have not been lodged with Land Registry or sales that were not for full market value are excluded.
We strive to ensure that our public data is as accurate as possible but cannot guarantee that it is free from errors or fit for your purpose or use. Reports are based on data collected at the time a property transaction is registered with us and will not necessarily be up to date with the most recent information. See accuracy of the data for more information.
See Data excluded from Price Paid Data for more information.
Published: 24 July 2014
Updated: 28 February 2017
- January data added.
- December data added
- November data added.
- October data added.
- September 2016 data added
- August 2016 data added
- July 2016 data added
- June 2016 data added.
- May 2016 data added.
- Date has been changed to April 2016.
- March 2016 data added.
- February 2016 data added.
- January 2016 data added
- December 2015 data added. 'Additional Price Paid Data: Historic file' removed, as we no longer publish this.
- November 2015 data added
- We added October 2015 data and Additional Price Paid Data, historic file is now available until January 2016.
- We added: September 2015 data and information about Additional Price Paid Data, historic file (available from 28 October to 27 November 2015).
- August 2015 data added
- July 2015 data added
- June 2015 data added
- May 2015 data added
- April 2015 data added
- March 2015 data added
- February 2015 data added
- Remove list of Corrections (2003, 2004 and 2005 data)
- New January 2015 Price paid data
- December 2014 data added
- November data added
- Link to to October files
- September PPD added
- New PPD files for August 2014
- First published.