Get in touch with us or use a guide that may answer your question.
Applies to England and Wales
Find out how to:
- deal with land and property when someone has died
- update a contact address
- change your name on a property record
- deal with common boundary matters
- request expedition of a registration application
Use our contact form to get answers to the most common questions or to send us a message.
We cannot accept messages marked private and confidential or in confidence.
Use our support forum to ask questions and see our answers to other customers’ questions.
Business e-services customers can:
- reply to requisitions through the portal to contact us about an application (you can do this even if you posted your application)
- check the progress of an application or request expedition
Do not use reply to requisition to send us a request for expedite.
If you cannot use the portal, send your reply to our standard address.
View the scheduled maintenance for our online services.
We’re open Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays), 8am to 5pm. Our phone service is usually quietest between 8am and 9am.
Customer Support Centre
You will hear a list of options when you phone us. Pick the appropriate option to speak to someone to help you with your query.
Customer support teams are trained in HM Land Registry casework procedures. They refer queries to our case owners only where necessary.
Send your applications and correspondence by post to our standard address. If you are a portal or Business Gateway customer, you can send these electronically.
How we handle your calls and applications
Our service standards explain:
- how long we take to process applications
- how we collect and use your personal data
Our customer charter explains:
- what you can expect from us
- what we need you to do
We treat all customers with courtesy and respect and expect our staff to be treated in the same way. See our Customer Service Standards for more information.
Our Personal information charter explains how we deal with your personal data.