Get a new energy certificate

To get a new energy certificate for your home, business property or a public building, you need to have it assessed.

This service is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).

Arrange a property assessment to get a new:

  • energy performance certificate (EPC)
  • display energy certificate (DEC) for a public building
  • air conditioning inspection certificate and report

The cost of an assessment varies by assessor and the size of the property.

After the assessment, the assessor will give you a digital copy of your certificate.

You can also view or print an existing energy certificate.

Find an assessor

Find an accredited assessor for your home, business property or a public building. You can use this service in England, Wales or Northern Ireland.

There is a different process if you want to find an accredited assessor in Scotland.

When you find an assessor:

  • contact them directly to arrange a viewing
  • check that they’re part of an accredited scheme

Start now

What you need to know

You can check if the property already has a valid energy certificate.

Get help finding an energy assessor

For help finding an assessor, contact the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities (DLUHC).
Telephone: 020 3829 0748
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Find out about call charges

If you’re unhappy with the assessment

You can complain to the assessor directly. If you’re still unhappy, you can contact the assessor’s accreditation scheme. Their contact details will be on the energy performance certificate.