Find an energy certificate

Find an energy certificate for a property in England, Wales or Northern Ireland. This includes homes, business properties and public buildings.

This service is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).

There’s a different service to find an energy certificate for properties in Scotland.

You can use this service to find an existing:

  • energy performance certificate (EPC)
  • display energy certificate (DEC) for a public building
  • air conditioning inspection certificate and report

If your property does not have an energy certificate or it has expired, you can get a new energy certificate.

You can search for a certificate by postcode, street name and town, or certificate number.

Start now

What you need to know

Get help finding an energy certificate

If you need help finding an energy certificate or report, contact the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities (DLUHC).
Telephone: 020 3829 0748
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Find out more about call charges