UK Visas and Immigration
- Ukrainian nationals - get UK visa support
- Check if you need a UK visa
- Visit the UK
- Work in the UK or sponsor a worker
- Study in the UK or sponsor a student
- Join your UK, EU, or EEA family member in the UK
- Live permanently in the UK and British Citizenship
- Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme
- Visas and immigration operational guidance
The Home Secretary hailed the strengthening of the partnership with Rwanda as both countries vow to step up efforts in dealing with global migration challenges.
People travelling to the UK without a visa will soon need to get an ETA.
Support for victims of terrorism
If you have been affected by the incident in Dover on 30 October 2022 or any other terrorist incident this page contains information on where to seek advice and assistance following a terrorist attack.
Guidance on support available to Ukrainian nationals and their family members.
This is advice for visa customers and applicants in the UK, visa customers outside of the UK and British nationals overseas who need to apply for a passport affected by travel restrictions associated with coronavirus.
Visa decision waiting times
This collection contains information on visa decision waiting times for applications outside and inside the UK.
Latest from UK Visas and Immigration
What we do
UK Visas and Immigration is responsible for making millions of decisions every year about who has the right to visit or stay in the country, with a firm emphasis on national security and a culture of customer satisfaction for people who come here legally.
UKVI is part of the Home Office.
- View and prove your immigration status: get a share code
- Prove your right to work to an employer: get a share code
News and communications
- UK and Rwanda strengthen agreement to deal with global migration issues
- Scale-up visa will propel high-growth businesses
Policy papers and consultations
- Afghanistan resettlement and immigration policy statement
- New Plan for Immigration: legal migration and border control strategy
Transparency and freedom of information releasesSee all transparency and freedom of information releases
Contact UK Visas and Immigration from outside or inside the UK
Make a subject access request
Find out how to see the personal information that UK Visas and Immigration holds about you.
Report an immigration crime
Immigration Enforcement hotline
0300 123 7000
In an emergency, dial 999 and ask for the police.
Make an FOI request
- Read about the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act and how to make a request.
- Check our previous releases to see if we’ve already answered your question.
- Make a new request by contacting us using the details below.
Freedom of Information requests
2 Marsham Street
Due to coronavirus (COVID-19), FOI requests should be sent by email to: email@example.com.
Jobs and contracts
Our Personal information charter explains how we treat your personal information. Find out About our services.