The Charity Commission

Latest from The Charity Commission

What we do

We register and regulate charities in England and Wales, to ensure that the public can support charities with confidence.

The Charity Commission is a non-ministerial department.

Read more about what we do


Our management

Chief Executive Officer, Charity Commission, Board member
Chair, Charity Commission
Director of Regulatory Services
Director of Communications and Policy
Chief Operating Officer
Director of Digital, Data and Technology
Board member
Board member
Board member
Board member
Board member
Board member
Board member

Contact The Charity Commission

Contact Centre

Our advisors are available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, except for Wednesday between 12:00pm and 1pm when we are closed for staff training.

0300 066 9197

Calls are charged at standard rate. Call charges and phone numbers -

Our telephony lines will close to new calls no later than 4.45pm each afternoon and no later than 11.45am each Wednesday morning, to allow us to reach customers who are already waiting.

Charity Commission Contact forms.

Find out how to get a password or log in to Charity Commission online services.

You can write to us at the address below, but you will get a much quicker answer by using the phone.

Charity Commission
PO Box 211
L20 7YX

The Charity Commission is committed to providing a quality service to all our customers, and we expect everyone who comes into contact with our staff to treat them with respect.

Read our unacceptable customer behaviour policy and procedure.

Report a serious incident on behalf of a charity’s trustee body

You may experience technical issues with the Reporting Serious Incidents (RSI) form. We apologise for any inconvenience.

If you require help, please contact us on 0300 066 9197 during our opening hours of 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.

Charities must report serious incidents to us, and explain how incidents are being dealt with

Find out how to report serious incidents and what to report.


Find out what sort of wrongdoing you can report to the Charity Commission, and how to report it.

Freedom of Information (FOI) requests

Read our privacy notice about how we process your data when you submit a Freedom of Information (FOI) request

Make an FOI request

  1. Read about the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act and how to make a request.
  2. Check our previous releases to see if we’ve already answered your question.

Corporate information

Jobs and contracts

Read about the types of information we routinely publish in our Publication scheme. Find out about our commitment to publishing in Welsh. Our Personal information charter explains how we treat your personal information. Read our policy on Social media use. Find out About our services.