David joined the Charity Commission as Head of Operations in August 2015. David has extensive experience in both the public and private sectors at an executive leadership level.
David spent over a decade at the Home Office in various roles including senior operational roles in the Immigration Service where he led several large UK wide transformation projects. He also held different policy roles in the Home Office and was a Deputy Chief Caseworker.
More recently David has spent 5 years in the private sector in senior executive positions of Managing Director and Partnership Director at 2 different FTSE 100 companies.
David is a fellow of the Institute of Directors and Chairman of the Liverpool city region branch.
Chief Operating Officer
The Chief Operating Officer is accountable for all but the commission’s most serious and highest risk casework and for its ‘digital by default’ agenda. Driving maximum efficiency and effectiveness in the commission’s frontline services and at the same time ensuring excellence in customer fulfilment is a key duty of this role. The COO leads the teams that carry out:
- assessment and allocation of all incoming work to the commission
- registration of new charities
- permissions and consents casework and some higher risk work (short of a formal inquiry, which is carried out in Investigations, Monitoring and Enforcement)
- the annual return programme
- the commission’s web presence (via GOV.UK)