1. Right to Acquire: application form (RTA1)

    This form is for housing association tenants who wish to apply to buy their home through the Right to Acquire scheme.

  2. Right to Buy: application form (RTB1)

    The RTB1 form is the notice claiming the Right to Buy that tenants need to complete.

  3. Right to Buy: initial notice of delay form (RTB6)

    The RTB6 form is for a tenant to use if their landlord is not completing parts of the Right to Buy application within set time limits.

  4. Right to Buy: operative notice of delay form (RTB8)

    The RTB8 form is for a tenant to use if they do not get a response to the initial notice of delay form.

  5. Right to Buy: notice in reply to a tenant's claim (RTB2)

    The RTB2 form is the notice that a council sends to a tenant who has applied to buy their home through the Right to Buy scheme.

See more services in this topic

Guidance and regulation

  1. Right to Acquire discounts by location
  2. Your right to buy your home: a guide
  3. Thinking of buying your council flat?
  4. Right to Buy: summary booklet
  5. Help to Buy: equity mortgage example
See more guidance and regulation in this topic

News and communications

  1. Housing experts join forces to boost property agent standards
  2. James Brokenshire launches £200 million pilot to boost social home ownership
  3. Social housing green paper: a ‘new deal’ for social housing
  4. June 2018 Price Paid Data
See more news and communications in this topic

Policy papers and consultations

  1. Use of receipts from Right to Buy sales
  2. Improving the home buying and selling process: call for evidence
  3. Tackling unfair practices in the leasehold market
  4. Starter homes regulations: technical consultation
  5. Housing associations and the Right to Buy: government response to the Select Committee report
See more policy papers and consultations in this topic