Right to Buy: application form (RTB1)

The RTB1 form is the notice claiming the Right to Buy that tenants need to complete.

Applies to England


RTB1: notice claiming the Right to Buy

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology.

Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


Use this form if you are a council or housing association tenant and wish to purchase your home under the Right to Buy or Preserved Right to Buy schemes.

See the Right to Buy website for more information.

Published 6 August 2014