Entering and staying in the UK


  • Check if you need a UK visa

    You may need a visa to come to the UK to visit, study or work.

  • Apply for a UK visa

    Apply online for a UK visa to visit, work, study or join a family member or partner already in the UK

  • Standard Visitor visa

    Apply for a Standard Visitor visa if you want to visit the UK for business, leisure, to get private medical treatment or donate an organ

  • Choose a UK visit or short stay visa

    Apply for a visa if you want to visit the UK: find out how long you can stay for, what you can do while you're in the UK and how much each visa costs.

  • Check if you can become a British citizen

    There are different ways to apply for British citizenship, including ‘naturalisation’. Check your eligibility to apply.

See all services

Guidance and regulation

See all guidance and regulation

News and communications

  1. Immigration Rules: Next phase of EU Settlement Scheme confirmed
  2. Increase to Immigration Health Surcharge gives NHS extra funding
  3. MAC response to the commission on the Shortage Occupation List
  4. Commissioning letter to the MAC, on the Shortage Occupation List
See all news and communications

Research and statistics

See all research and statistics

Policy papers and consultations

See all policy papers and consultations

Transparency and freedom of information releases

See all transparency and freedom of information releases