Check if you can become a British citizen
There are different ways to apply for British citizenship. Check your eligibility to apply.
Get a passport for your child
Get a passport for your child or baby - renewals and first child passports, application form, supporting paperwork, eligibility, costs
Apply to become a British citizen by naturalisation (form AN)
Use form AN to apply for citizenship by naturalisation if you are living in the UK.
Find out if you can apply to settle in the UK
Check if you qualify to settle in the UK based on your current visa or relationship to people in the UK - settlement is also called 'indefinite leave to remain'
Dual citizenship (also known as dual nationality) is allowed in the UK. Read the rules and how to apply.
Guidance and regulation
News and communications
Research and statistics
- Immigration statistics, year ending June 2018: data tables
- Immigration statistics, year ending June 2018
- An inspection on learning from immigration litigation
- Report on the review and removal of immigration, refugee and citizenship "status"
- Citizenship removal resulting in statelessness
Policy and engagement
- UK visa fees
- EU Settlement Scheme statement of intent
- Response to an inspection report on the review and removal of immigration, refugee and citizenship status
- Immigration Rules archive: 6 April 2017 to 30 April 2017
- Home Office response to the report 'A short inspection of the Home Office’s application of the good character requirement in the case of young persons who apply for registration as British citizens’
- Applications for naturalisation received from 1 May 2014 to 30 June 2014
- Naturalisation as a British Citizen applications processed, January to September 2013
- Pending indefinite leave to remain SET(O) applications
- Indefinite leave to remain applications: processing times, 2012