1. Find out if you can apply to settle in the UK

    Check if you qualify to settle in the UK based on your current visa or relationship to people in the UK - settlement is also called 'indefinite leave to remain'

  2. Existing UK residence documents for EU citizens

    You can apply for a permanent residence document or registration certificate until 31 December 2020. You’ll still need to apply for settled status once the EU settlement scheme is open.

  3. Prove your knowledge of English for citizenship and settling

    How you can show you know English when you apply for citizenship and to settle in the UK, and when you do not have to

  4. Settle in the UK as the partner of a person, or parent of a child, who is in the UK and settled here: form SET(M)

    Form to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK if you are the partner of a person, or parent of a child, who is present and settled in the UK.

  5. Apply to settle in the UK: long residence

    Apply to stay in the UK without time restrictions ('indefinite leave to remain') after being in the UK for 10 years - eligibility, documents you need, how to apply, family members

See more services in this topic

Guidance and regulation

  1. EU Settlement Scheme pilot: applicant eligibility
  2. Applying for a UK visa: approved English language tests
  3. Windrush scheme and information
  4. Nationality checking service: England
  5. Indefinite leave to remain: calculating continuous period in UK
See more guidance and regulation in this topic

News and communications

  1. Home Office launches toolkit for employers to support EU Settlement Scheme
  2. NHS workers and students to trial EU Settlement Scheme
See more news and communications in this topic

Research and statistics

  1. Home Office – Statistics at Home Office
  2. Immigration statistics, year ending September 2018: data tables
  3. Immigration Statistics, year ending September 2018
  4. Immigration statistics, year ending June 2018: data tables
  5. Immigration statistics, year ending June 2018
See more research and statistics in this topic

Policy papers and consultations

  1. Employment related settlement, tier 5 and overseas domestic workers: consultation
  2. EU Settlement Scheme statement of intent
  3. Home Office response to the report on an inspection of settlement casework
  4. Armed Forces family migration: statement of intent
  5. Knowledge of language and life in the UK for settlement and naturalisation: statement of intent
See more policy papers and consultations in this topic