Find out if you can apply to settle in the UK
Check if you qualify to settle in the UK based on your current visa or relationship to people in the UK - settlement is also called 'indefinite leave to remain'
Existing UK residence documents for EU citizens
You can apply for a permanent residence document or registration certificate until 31 December 2020. You’ll still need to apply for settled status once the EU settlement scheme is open.
Prove your knowledge of English for citizenship and settling
How you can show you know English when you apply for citizenship and to settle in the UK, and when you don't have to
Settle in the UK as the partner of a person, or parent of a child, who is in the UK and settled here: form SET(M)
Form to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK if you are the partner of a person, or parent of a child, who is present and settled in the UK.
Application for UK visa for family settlement: form VAF4A and appendix 2
Application form and guidance to apply for a visa to join a partner, child or other family member who is settled in the UK.
Guidance and regulation
- Indefinite leave to remain: calculating continuous period in UK
- Nationality checking service: England
News and communications
Research and statistics
- Immigration statistics, year ending June 2018: data tables
- Immigration statistics, year ending June 2018
- Settlement rights of migrants: Tiers 1 and 2
- Response to the Independent Chief Inspector's report on Pakistan settlement applications
Policy papers and consultations
- EU Settlement Scheme statement of intent
- Home Office response to the report on an inspection of settlement casework
- Armed Forces family migration: statement of intent
- Knowledge of language and life in the UK for settlement and naturalisation: statement of intent