Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency
Due to renew
Due to renew your driving licence but don’t know where to start? Find out how to use DVLA’s easy, quick and secure online service.
DVLA annual report and accounts 2021 to 2022
This explains the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency’s performance, achievements and financial statements for the financial year 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022.
DVLA Business Plan 2022 to 2023
Our Business Plan 2022 to 2023 details what we will deliver in the year.
DVLA’s top tips for staying safe online
We share our top tips for staying safe online and how to report any fraudulent activity.
Latest from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency
What we do
We’re the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA), holding more than 50 million driver records and more than 40 million vehicle records. We collect over £7 billion a year in Vehicle Excise Duty (VED).
DVLA is an executive agency, sponsored by the Department for Transport.
Guidance and regulationSee all guidance and regulation
News and communications
- DVLA contact centre opening times: the coronation of His Majesty King Charles III bank holiday weekend
- Industrial action at DVLA on Friday 28 April 2023
Policy papers and consultations
- Amending the Road Traffic Act 1988 to allow registered healthcare professionals to complete DVLA medical questionnaires
Transparency and freedom of information releasesSee all transparency and freedom of information releases
How to contact DVLA
Use the link to find the right number, email or address to contact DVLA about vehicle tax and registration, driving licences and drivers’ medical issues.
Events and Conferencing
Upper Forest Way
Make an FOI request
- Read about the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act and how to make a request.
- Check our previous releases to see if we’ve already answered your question.
- Make a new request by contacting us using the details below.
Freedom of Information requests
Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency,
You can also ask for information that DVLA holds about you by making a subject access request.
Jobs and contracts
Read about the types of information we routinely publish in our Publication scheme. Find out about our commitment to publishing in Welsh. Our Personal information charter explains how we treat your personal information. Read our policy on Social media use. Find out About our services.