Procurement at DVLA
How we buy goods and services, and how you can work with us.
What we do
Our procurement team makes sure that we comply with:
- the European Public Procurement Directives and UK Law
- Cabinet Office guidelines for public procurement within Central Government
- DfT procurement guidance, working with the DfT Family as part of a virtual procurement team
We do this by:
- managing a number of large strategic contractual relationships for goods and services including: ICT, telephony, estates PFI, front office counter service (Post Office), print and stationery, mail and courier, enforcement (Wheel-clamping) and also pan-government activity (office solutions, temporary staff, travel and uniforms) on behalf of the DfT family
- supporting the contract management function by communicating procurement policy and guidance across the DVLA to ensure that we get best value for money from our commercial arrangements
- overseeing the delivery of tender exercises from identification of need through to award of contract and debriefing of tenderers
- managing the commercial aspects and issuing data contracts to those organisations who receive the DVLA’s data and services on a commercial basis
What we are buying
A list of previous and current opportunities for the supply of goods and services can be found on Contracts Finder.
Direct Debit managed service - Prior Information Notice
On 6 November 2013, DVLA published a Prior Information Notice (2013S 214-372375) via the Official Journal of the European Union to provide advance notice of:
- the procurement of service provider for the provision of a managed Direct Debit service
- to announce a market engagement event and the opportunity to explore the requirement further with DVLA on 18 November 2013
Browse the information notice
ICT contract let
Update 15 October 2013 - DVLA IT contract let procurement programme
DVLA, in conjunction with the Department for Transport and Cabinet Office, has reviewed the delivery of IT led transformation within the agency to understand what can be expected over the next 2 to 3 years. Consequently, agency plans for the delivery of procurement and organisational change have changed. Therefore, IT contract let programme activities have been suspended until the outcome of the review is known. Please continue to periodically view this website for future updates.
We would like to thank all suppliers for their participation and input.
Update 15 October 2013 - DVLA IT contract let procurement programme engagement partner (Tranche 2)
Would suppliers please note that the engagement partner (Tranche 2) tendering exercise has been cancelled. The exercise was cancelled before a successful bidder was identified or a contract was awarded.
For further information please see the OJEU Contract Addendum Notice reference 2013/S 197-340571.
Update 6 September 2013 - IT contract let market engagement event survey closed
We would like to thank all the companies that completed the survey and for sharing your comments following the market engagement event on 29 July 2013.
We trust that companies will attend our future market engagement events. Please continue to periodically view this webpage for further updates.
Update 22 August 2013 - DVLA IT contract let procurement programme and engagement partner (Tranche 2)
Suppliers may wish to note that the OJEU and ITT documents for this procurement opportunity are now available. OJEU Contract Notice reference 2013/S 162-282707 contains instructions on how to log in to the Delta eSourcing System to access the ITT.
Update 7 August 2013 - DVLA IT contract let procurement programme and engagement partner (Tranche 2)
DVLA published a Prior Information Notice (2013/S 101-173037) on 24 May 2013 and subsequently delivered a supplier event on 18 July 2013 to provide the market with an early view of the EPT2 procurement exercise and how it will support delivery of the agency’s IT contract let procurement programme. Suppliers may wish to note that this procurement exercise is subject to a small delay whilst the agency awaits final approval to procure from the Cabinet Office. Please continue to check this website for further updates. If you have any queries regarding this update please write to DVLA ICT.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Market sounding exercise 2012
The Contract Let Programme team can be contacted at ICT.email@example.com
You can find the information you need to tender for a public sector contact in the guide - tendering for public sector contacts.
Other information for suppliers including General Conditions of Contract (for Goods, Services and Purchase Order Conditions of Contract) are available on the DfT procurement pages.
How to contact us
Please contact CSG by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.