Procurement at DVLA
How we buy goods and services, and how you can work with us.
What we do
Our procurement team makes sure that we comply with:
- the European Public Procurement Directives and UK Law
- Cabinet Office guidelines for public procurement within Central Government
- DfT procurement guidance, working with the DfT Family as part of a virtual procurement team
We do this by:
- managing a number of large strategic contractual relationships for goods and services including: ICT, telephony, estates PFI, front office counter service (Post Office), print and stationery, mail and courier, enforcement (Wheel-clamping) and also pan-government activity (office solutions, temporary staff, travel and uniforms) on behalf of the DfT family
- supporting the contract management function by communicating procurement policy and guidance across the DVLA to ensure that we get best value for money from our commercial arrangements
- overseeing the delivery of tender exercises from identification of need through to award of contract and debriefing of tenderers
- managing the commercial aspects and issuing data contracts to those organisations who receive the DVLA’s data and services on a commercial basis
What we are buying
A list of previous and current opportunities for the supply of goods and services can be found on Contracts Finder.
You can find the information you need to tender for a public sector contact in the guide - tendering for public sector contacts.
Other information for suppliers including General Conditions of Contract (for Goods, Services and Purchase Order Conditions of Contract) are available on the DfT procurement pages.
Handling and working with government information
With effect from 2 April 2014, HMG will be implementing the new Government Security Classification Policy, changing the way government information will be marked and handled. Government assets may be classified under a new 3 tier scheme.
How to contact us
Please contact CSG by sending an email to email@example.com.