We use our Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram channels to communicate with you. Our Contact Centre answers driver and vehicle related queries using some of these channels.
We have three Facebook channels:
We have three Twitter channels:
We have one corporate channel.
We have a YouTube channel that we use to publish videos about the services we provide.
We have two Instagram channels:
Our communication team moderates each channel seven days a week.
We will delete:
- abusive, racist, sexist, homophobic or inflammatory comments
- nuisance comments considered to be spam
- personal information given such as telephone numbers, address details and driving licence numbers (we do not keep a record of any deleted personal information)
- posts made or content within posts (such as film) that actively and obviously identify individual DVLA staff members
- posts which clearly advertises commercial activity or solicitations of donations or any kind of money
- welcome feedback, ideas and engagement from all our followers
- may follow or like you back if you follow or like us - being followed by us does not imply endorsement of any kind
- do not accept requests to be added as a contact on individuals’ YouTube accounts
- may choose to share content which we consider has relevance to us
- may share from our social media accounts but this does not imply endorsement of any kind
- respond to customer enquiries on our social media channels
- aim to reply to simple queries from members of the public directing them to an appropriate page on GOV.UK
- do not discuss personal details via our social media channels and will ask customers to contact us via phone or email in these instances
- will read all @replies and direct messages, and ensure that any emerging themes or helpful suggestions are passed to the relevant colleagues in DVLA
- cannot engage on issues of party politics or answer questions which break the rules of the Civil Service Code
- make no commitment to respond to every individual comment or post
- cannot engage on issues of party politics or answer questions which break the general house rules
- do not accept responsibility for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube or Instagram being unavailable
The usual ways of contacting us for official correspondence are detailed in the contact us section of our website.