Working for DVLA
Find out what it’s like working at the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency.
We employ around 6,000 full-time and part-time staff at the DVLA. Keeping our employees happy and healthy is a priority of ours and there are many benefits and rewards on offer.
We have a variety of roles in many different business areas including:
- human resources
The benefits of working for us
Pay and benefits
- a competitive salary with a special performance bonus scheme
- excellent pension scheme options
- access to staff discount portal
- childcare voucher options
- Long-service awards for 25, 35 and 45 years of working in the agency
- help with purchasing public transport season tickets to help you travel to and from work
- on-site childcare
- 25 days of annual leave (excluding bank holidays), increasing by one day each year up to 30 days pro-rata
- 6 months paid maternity leave, 2 weeks paid paternity leave, adoption leave and shared parental leave (following qualifying service)
- paid special leave
We encourage a work-life balance and in most areas offer flexible working hours to our full-time and part-time staff (subject to business needs).
Opportunities to develop and progress
We promote a learning culture and provide opportunities to all staff to learn new skills and develop. We encourage:
- 5 days of learning a year
- online learning through Civil Service Learning
- classroom training courses
- mentoring and coaching networks
- use of our own Open Resource Centre (library)
Health and wellbeing
- 24 hour on-site gym
- 24 hour Employee Assistance Programme providing confidential help and advice on personal or work-related issues
- occupational health service
- free eyesight tests and glasses (where this applies to the role)
- cycle to work scheme with top class on-site facilities
We are an equal opportunities employer and are proud to have a diverse workforce.
We offer a range of staff groups to support colleagues from BAME (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic) and LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) communities, as well as groups which support staff with disabilities, military service veterans, a Christian group, a carers network and a group looking at gender issues.
Corporate social responsibility
Our employees vote for a charity of choice each year, and are able to get involved in different activities throughout the year to raise money for the chosen charity.
For more information on benefits:
PDF, 375KB, 6 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Look for job vacancies at DVLA on: