Rural and countryside


  1. Make or update a rural payments claim

    Update your details with the Rural Payments Agency to keep claiming payments for your farm land

  2. Rights of way and accessing land

    Rights of way and right to roam - access rights of way, open access and permissive access land, use common lands, the Countryside Code, report problems

  3. Owning a boat

    Check what safety requirements and insurance are needed to use a boat on UK rivers, canals, or at sea - boat safety certificates, safety regulations and equipment, disposing of old flares

  4. Register a boat

    Register or license a boat for use on the UK's inland waterways or at sea - which authority to register with, the UK Ship Register and Small Ships Register, penalties and fines

  5. Contaminated land

    Who's responsible for cleaning up contaminated land and how you know if your business is on a contaminated site

See more services in this topic

Guidance and regulation

  1. BPS 2018
  2. Countryside Productivity Scheme
  3. Prevent harmful weeds and invasive non-native plants spreading
  4. Sites of special scientific interest: managing your land
  5. Prevent Japanese knotweed from spreading
See more guidance and regulation in this topic

News and communications

  1. eAlert: 24 October 2018 - Felling Licence Online Service launches today
  2. Public to have say on new National Parks
  3. 'Forgotten lands' to receive forestry boost
  4. Statement on Funding for Scottish Farmers Post-Brexit
See more news and communications in this topic

Research and statistics

  1. Government supported new planting of trees in England: Interim update for the half year April to September 2018
  2. FCE Corporate Plan Performance Indicators: Headline Performance Indicators Update at 30 September 2018
  3. Bluetongue virus in Europe
  4. Landscapes review: National Parks and AONBs
  5. Statistical Digest of Rural England
See more research and statistics in this topic

Policy papers and consultations

  1. Proposals for navigation boat registration charges 2019 to 2021
  2. Open access restriction at West Dart River Valley (2): how to comment
  3. Landscapes review (National Parks and AONBs): call for evidence
  4. Open access restriction at Godrevy: outcome
  5. Open access restriction at Lymington Yacht Haven (marina): consultation outcome
See more policy papers and consultations in this topic

Transparency and freedom of information releases

  1. National Committee for England meeting, 19 April 2018, Bristol
  2. Accredited country parks in England
  3. Register of Interests - Forestry Commissioners
  4. Forestry Commission corporate plan 2018 to 2019
  5. Durham's National Nature Reserves
See more transparency and freedom of information releases in this topic