On this page
Notice of landing form
You or your appointed import agent must complete a Notice of landing form, which will allow you to arrange a timber import inspection if necessary.
Woodland management plans, woodland creation and tree health support: claim a payment
Use this form to claim payment for a Countryside Stewardship woodland creation, woodland management plan or woodland tree health grant issued by the Forestry Commission.
Register to apply for a phytosanitary certificate
You must register and accept our terms and conditions to apply for phytosanitary certificates from the Forestry Commission.
Statutory Firewood Notification Scheme
Use this paper form to notify the Forestry Commission of your plans to import solid fuel wood (firewood) such as logs and kindling into Great Britain.
Become a registered trader
To import controlled timber, you or your agent or broker must be registered with the Forestry Commission as an approved forestry trader.
Guidance and regulation
- Countryside Productivity Scheme
- Tree felling licence: when you need to apply
- Find a specific tree pest or disease
- Apply online for a felling licence
- Woodland creation grant: Countryside Stewardship
News and communications
Research and statistics
- Forestry Commission England (FCE) Corporate Plan Performance Indicators 2018
- Forestry Commission England: Headline Performance Indicators Update 31 December 2017
- UK softwood removals and deliveries by country, 2015-2016
- European Forest Accounts: UK 2015 data
- Timber price indices: data to September 2017
Policy papers and consultations
- National FCERM strategy: Strategic Environmental Assessment scoping report
- UK statement on sustainable palm oil: final progress report
- Sustainable production of palm oil: UK statement
- UK statement on sustainable palm oil: three years on progress report
- 2010 to 2015 government policy: forests and woodland
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- Register of Interests - Forestry Commissioners
- Forestry Commission corporate plan 2018 to 2019
- Pre-notification for tree species imported from Europe
- Number of 'Big Tree Plant' trees planted 2010-13
- National Forest Company (NFC) triennial review 2013