Register a Place of Destination
If you import regulated wood, wood products or bark to an inland Place of Destination, you are required to register that Place of Destination.
Forestry Commission agent authority form
Use this form to tell the Forestry Commission that you give an agent or representative authority to submit an application or manage an agreement on your behalf.
Map request form: Forestry Commission
Use this 2-page form to generate a standard map for inclusion in grant, funding and felling licence applications.
Woodland Creation Planning Grant application form
Use this form to apply for funding to support planning required to create woodlands (with a collective area of at least five hectares) in England.
Woodland Carbon Fund application form
Use this form to apply for capital funding of woodland planting and protection measures, followed by a payment for establishment.
Guidance and regulation
- Countryside Productivity Scheme
- Woodland creation grant: Countryside Stewardship
- Tree felling licence: when you need to apply
- Trading timber: imports and exports from 1 January 2021
- Import or export wood packaging material
News and communications
Research and statistics
- NFI estimates of the ownership type and property type of woodlands in Britain
- Timber price indices: data to September 2020
- Government supported new planting of trees in England: Interim update for the half year April to September 2020
- Forestry Commission Key Performance Indicators: Headline Performance Update at 30 September 2020
- Timber Forecast Questionnaire 2020: UK forecasts
Policy papers and consultations
- Forests: reducing deforestation in UK supply chains
- Developing a tree strategy for England
- Tree and woodlands: introducing measures for felling street trees
- Forestry Commission framework document
- Provenance choice of native trees under climate change in England - Policy Advice Note
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- 2020 Government Procurement Card (GPC) spend for transactions over £500
- Forestry Commission spend over £25,000 (2020)
- Forestry England annual report and accounts 2019 to 2020
- Forestry Commission annual report and accounts 2019 to 2020
- Register of Interests - Forestry Commissioners