Register to apply for a phytosanitary certificate
You must register and accept our terms and conditions to apply for phytosanitary certificates from the Forestry Commission.
Woodland management plans, woodland creation and tree health support: claim a payment
Use this form to claim payment for a Countryside Stewardship woodland creation, woodland management plan or woodland tree health grant issued by the Forestry Commission.
Become a registered trader
To import controlled timber, you or your agent or broker must be registered with the Forestry Commission as an approved forestry trader.
Notice of landing form
You or your appointed import agent must complete a Notice of landing form, which will allow you to arrange a timber import inspection if necessary.
Statutory Firewood Notification Scheme
Use this paper form to notify the Forestry Commission of your plans to import solid fuel wood (firewood) such as logs and kindling into Great Britain.
Guidance and regulation
News and communications
Research and statistics
- Forestry Commission England: Headline Performance Indicators Update 31 December 2017
- UK softwood removals and deliveries by country, 2015-2016
- European Forest Accounts: UK 2015 data
- Timber price indices: data to September 2017
- Joint Forest Sector Questionnaire: Final 2016 data
Policy papers and consultations
- UK statement on sustainable palm oil: final progress report
- Sustainable production of palm oil: UK statement
- UK statement on sustainable palm oil: three years on progress report
- 2010 to 2015 government policy: forests and woodland
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- Register of Interests - Forestry Commissioners
- Forestry Commission corporate plan 2018 to 2019
- Pre-notification for tree species imported from Europe
- Number of 'Big Tree Plant' trees planted 2010-13
- National Forest Company (NFC) triennial review 2013