On this page
Woodland management plans, woodland creation and tree health support: claim a payment
Use this form to claim payment for a Countryside Stewardship woodland creation, woodland management plan or woodland tree health grant issued by the Forestry Commission.
Apply for a phytosanitary certificate
Apply for phytosanitary certificates from the Forestry Commission.
Become a registered trader
To import controlled timber, you or your agent or broker must be registered with the Forestry Commission as an approved forestry trader.
Map request form: Forestry Commission
Use this 2-page form to generate a standard map for inclusion in grant, funding and felling licence applications.
Supplementary notice of operations within an SSSI
Submit this form with grant aid and felling licence applications - for operations that might fall in a site of special scientific interest (SSSI).
Guidance and regulation
- Countryside Productivity Scheme
- Tree felling licence: when you need to apply
- Find a specific tree pest or disease
- Woodland creation grant: Countryside Stewardship
- Apply online for a felling licence
News and communications
Research and statistics
- Public Opinion of Forestry 2019: Northern Ireland
- Forestry Commission England Corporate Plan Performance Indicators: Headline Performance Indicators Update at 31 December 2018
- New planting of trees supported by the Rural Development Programme for England, and other forms of Government support: Report for April 2010 to September 2018
- Forestry Commission England Wildfire Statistics for England 2009-10 to 2016-17
- UK National Forestry Accounting Plan, 2021 to 2025
Policy papers and consultations
- Tree and woodlands: introducing measures for felling street trees
- Chalara management plan
- Keepers of time: a statement of policy for England's ancient and native woodland
- UK statement on sustainable palm oil: final progress report
- Sustainable production of palm oil: UK statement
Transparency and freedom of information releases
- Register of Interests - Forestry Commissioners
- First draft of the Agroforestry Review
- England Executive Board meeting, 16 July 2018, Bristol
- Forestry Commission gender pay gap report: Report for the year 2017-2018
- National Committee for England meeting, 19 April 2018, Bristol