Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency
- Alerts, recalls and safety information: medicines and medical devices
- Drug Safety Update
- Yellow Card: Report a problem with a medicine or medical device
- Marketing authorisations and licensing guidance
- Product information about medicines
- Medical devices regulation and safety
- Latest information for patients
- MHRA guidance on coronavirus (COVID-19)
- About MHRA
- Have your say: we want to hear from healthcare professionals
- All MHRA services and information
MHRA to streamline clinical trial approvals in biggest overhaul of trial regulation in 20 years
The legislative changes will help to make the UK one of the best countries in the world to conduct clinical research for patients and researchers.
MHRA trialling pioneering stem cell robot that could transform the availability of life-saving cell therapies
The MHRA’s UK Stem Cell Bank is one of only two places in the world to test this technology.
MHRA to receive £10m from HM Treasury to fast-track patient access to cutting-edge medical products
HM Treasury has announced that the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) will receive £10 million to help bring innovative new medicines and medical technologies to UK patients more quickly.
Following a comprehensive scientific safety review of the latest available data on the safety of pholcodine, together with advice from the independent Commission on Human Medicines, it has been concluded that the potential risks outweigh the benefits for these products.
Following advice from the Commission on Human Medicines, the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has reclassified Cialis Together so that it can now be made available for purchase over the counter, without a prescription.
UK members of international criminal gang sentenced to jail for involvement in the illegal sale and supply of prescription medicines valued at £3.7m
Three members of an organised criminal gang were sentenced today (13 March 2023) at Stoke Crown Court to jail after pleading guilty to offences relating to the illegal sale of more than three million doses of prescription-only and unlicensed medicines, including controlled drugs, valued at £3.7m.
Latest from the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency
- Freedom of Information responses from the MHRA - week commencing 27 June 2022
- Freedom of Information responses from the MHRA - week commencing 13 June 2022
- Freedom of Information responses from the MHRA - week commencing 6 June 2022
Subscribe to feed
What we do
The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency regulates medicines, medical devices and blood components for transfusion in the UK.
MHRA is an executive agency, sponsored by the Department of Health and Social Care.
ServicesSee all services
Guidance and regulationSee all guidance and regulation
News and communications
- MHRA to streamline clinical trial approvals in biggest overhaul of trial regulation in 20 years
- MHRA trialling pioneering stem cell robot that could transform the availability of life-saving cell therapies
Policy papers and consultations
- Consultation on proposals for legislative changes for clinical trials
- Original pack dispensing and supply of medicines containing sodium valproate
10 South Colonnade
020 3080 6000
020 3118 9803
Office hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
10 South Colonnade
During office hours:
020 3080 7651 (08:30 - 17:00)
Out of office hours:
07770 446 189 (17:00 - 08:30)
Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm. For real-time updates including the latest press releases and news statements, see our Twitter channel at https://www.twitter.com/mhragovuk
Make an FOI request
- Read about the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act and how to make a request.
- Check our previous releases to see if we’ve already answered your question.
- Make a new request by contacting us using the details below.
Freedom of Information
10 South Colonnade
Jobs and contracts