Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency
- Alerts, recalls and safety information: medicines and medical devices
- Drug Safety Update
- Yellow Card: Report a problem with a medicine or medical device
- Marketing authorisations and licensing guidance
- Product information about medicines
- Medical devices regulation and safety
- Latest information for patients
- MHRA guidance on coronavirus (COVID-19)
- About MHRA
- All MHRA services and information
West Midlands man sentenced to five years in prison for the illegal possession and intent to supply prescription medicines worth £2m
Kieron Banks (34) was sentenced today at the Nightingale Court in Wolverhampton for the illegal possession and intent to supply prescription-only medication valued at over £2m following investigations by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA).
MHRA launches public consultation on ICH Good Clinical Practice Guideline which encourages innovation in clinical trials
The MHRA has today launched a public consultation on the revised ICH guideline on Good Clinical Practice.
MHRA announces new recognition routes to facilitate safe access to new medicines with seven international partners
The new recognition routes open additional options for the MHRA to bring cutting-edge medicines faster to UK patients by leveraging the expertise and decision-making of trusted regulatory partners
New regulatory pathway set to support safe patient access to innovative medical technologies
The Innovative Devices Access Pathway (IDAP), set for launch later in 2023, will be operated by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), Health Technology Wales (HTW) and Scottish Health Technology Group (SHTG).
MHRA and Genomics England to launch pioneering resource to better understand how genetic makeup influences the safety of medicines
The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has today announced it will be the first drug safety regulator in the world to pilot its own genetic ‘biobank’, launching 1 June 2023
A brand-new challenge for artificial intelligence and machine learning developers, to build models that can predict heart failure-related health outcomes for veterans has been launched by a collaboration between regulators and healthcare organisations in the UK and US.
Latest from the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency
What we do
The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency regulates medicines, medical devices and blood components for transfusion in the UK.
MHRA is an executive agency, sponsored by the Department of Health and Social Care.
- Report a problem with a medicine or medical device
- Medicines: application forms for a manufacturer licence
News and communications
- Windsor Framework medicines announcement
- West Midlands man sentenced to five years in prison for the illegal possession and intent to supply prescription medicines worth £2m
Policy papers and consultations
- Consultation on the International Council for Harmonisation (ICH) E6 (R3) Good Clinical Practice (GCP) Guidelines
- Isotretinoin: call for information to be considered as part of an expert review
10 South Colonnade
020 3080 6000
020 3118 9803
Office hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
10 South Colonnade
During office hours:
020 3080 7651 (08:30 - 17:00)
Out of office hours:
07770 446 189 (17:00 - 08:30)
Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm. For real-time updates including the latest press releases and news statements, see our Twitter channel at https://www.twitter.com/mhragovuk
Make an FOI request
- Read about the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act and how to make a request.
- Check our previous releases to see if we’ve already answered your question.
- Make a new request by contacting us using the details below.
Freedom of Information
10 South Colonnade
Jobs and contracts